MEET YOUR TEACHER
Kateryn, who was born in Venezuela, holds a degree in Hispanic Philology and a master’s degree in teaching Spanish as a second language, specializing in cinema as a teaching tool. She is also a certified DELE examiner for all levels, teaches SIELE preparation courses and tutors trainee teachers. Kateryn has been working as a Spanish teacher since 2012.
She speaks these languages:
- Actual use of language
- Social and emotional learning
- Development of teaching skills
- Methodology, approaches and learning processes of ELE
- New digital skills for ELE teachers
- Dynamics and contents for the teaching of Spanish as a Foreign Language: from the plan to the classroom
- Master ‘Teaching Spanish as a Second Language’
- Degree ‘Filología Hispánica’ (Spanish Language and Literature)
- Tutor for teachers in internship positions during initial training courses
- SIELE trainer
- DELE examiner of the following levels
- A1-A2, A1 for pupils
- A2-B2 for pupils
Spanish teacher for foreigners in:
- January 2017 – present: Formación FU, S.L. | Tenerife, Spain
- July 2016 – December 2016: Entrelinhas | Quito, Ecuador
- March 2016 – July 2016: Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador | Quito, Ecuador
- September 2012 – February 2016: Canarias Cultural. Escuela Internacional de Español, S.L. | Tenerife
Between 2008 and 2012, before becoming a Spanish teacher, I worked at the magazine La Página as the editorial secretary of and editor of the book collections. I coordinated an issue of the magazine and participated in writing several articles on film, literature and cultural topics.
Mis palabras favoritas son los verbos acurrucarse y refunfuñar… me gusta lo que significan y también cómo suenan.
ENG: What’s your favorite word? My favorite Spanish words are the verbs “acurrucarse” (to curl up) and “refunfuñar” (to grumble)… I like what they mean and also how they sound.
Cuando era pequeña, adoptamos un mono que no era muy simpático conmigo.
ENG: What’s the craziest thing that you’ve done in your life? When I was little, we adopted a monkey that wasn’t very nice to me.
Es la única forma de hablar sin parar sobre lo que me apasiona: el idioma. Si hablara de esto con mi familia o amigos… nadie querría hablar conmigo.
ENG: Why do you teach Spanish? It’s the only way to talk non-stop about what I’m passionate about: the language. If I talked about this with my family or friends… no one would want to talk to me.
FUTURAMA, creo que todos deberíamos ser mutantes cíclopes y tener una langosta del espacio como compañero de trabajo.
ENG: What was your favorite cartoon series? FUTURAMA, I think we should all be cyclops mutants and have a space lobster as a coworker.