The 13 Best YouTube Channels to Learn Spanish
Learning Spanish Is Easy with YouTube Videos and Courses!
Have you ever considered studying Spanish on YouTube?
One of the easiest and most free ways to learn Spanish online is through YouTube!
YouTube is probably something you use for education without even realizing it. Have you ever watched a tutorial showing how to assemble IKEA furniture or get through a level on a game? We already know that videos are useful for learning things, so why not Spanish as well?
YouTube has become an empire of educational resources, which includes lots of tools for learning Spanish. Due to the abundance of sources, it can be difficult to decide which videos will be helpful. So we’ve put together a list of all the best channels for learning Spanish for free on YouTube.
Table of Contents
- Butterfly Spanish
- Español con Juan
- Why not Spanish?
- Tu escuela de español
- Let’s Speak Spanish
- María Español
- The Spanish Dude
- Agustin Iruela
- Spanish and Go
- PRACTIQUEMOS by Catalina Moreno E.
- Pro Spanish – Learn Spanish
Why Learn Spanish on YouTube?
First of all, you might be asking why would I learn Spanish with YouTube?
Below are some of the reasons why, after reading this article, you should head straight to YouTube to improve your Spanish:
- Learning Spanish on YouTube is convenient. Since you can watch YouTube from any device with an internet connection, you can use it to learn Spanish anytime and anywhere. It’s easy to fit into even the busiest schedule. This also means you can pause and rewind as often as you like, with no judgment.
- A wide variety of videos are available for any level, learner, or interest. Beginners can start with travel Spanish vocabulary or learn the foundations first. Advanced learners can focus on specific grammar rules or enhance their listening skills. Just enter your interest in the search bar and you’ll find plenty of videos!
- While you might have books or structured lessons in a classroom, it’s always a good idea to expand your source of language learning.
- Learning a new language in the context is a good way to remember new vocabulary. Moreover, your visualisation helps the brain to connect the dots and remember new information better.
- However you feel about it, YouTube offers some excellent Spanish learning content. The need to compete with the rest of YouTube has forced these teachers to elevate their game.
- Plus, it’s free!
How to Learn Spanish on YouTube
What are the key advantages of learning Spanish on YouTube online?
- Learning channels offer videos that are specifically designed to help you learn Spanish. Learning channels are an ideal choice for any beginning Spanish student since they generally offer a more structured approach to learning. However, more advanced students can also benefit from picking and choosing lessons on topics they’re struggling with.
- The use of subtitles option is a huge plus. Use it whenever you need it whether it is a long grammar explanation or just a conversation between natives. Videos subtitled in Spanish, English or both can be particularly helpful for beginning students since you can refer to the subtitles if you can’t understand a word. Moreover, to help you practice your Spanish in a nicer way, you can watch doubted your favourite cartoons.
- Watching content from Spain or Spanish-speaking countries is a great way to listen to native speakers. By listening to your favourite Spanish-language YouTube channels you will increase your learning exponentially. The ideal way is to watch videos every day. This way, you build from your previous day’s learning without forgetting too much information between sessions.
- Mix and match channels to help you understand Spanish in different contexts. Particularly when you’re just starting to learn Spanish, it can be difficult to understand it outside of the one context you’re familiar with. Using a variety of YouTube channels will help you practice Spanish in a variety of contexts, which will make your skills more adaptable and flexible for any situation you might encounter.
- For beginners, the comments sections of learning videos are a great place to ask content-specific questions. If you’re learning Spanish independently, this additional support from other learners can be just what you need to drive you towards greater fluency. For more advanced learners, comments sections can be a great place to practice reading and writing in Spanish.
Top Tips to Enhance Your Spanish
- Use a learning channel that provides authentic content like the list below.
- Watch Spanish videos with subtitles (if you understand most of it, try not to use subtitles).
- Try different channels to see what you like best. So don’t stay on the first channel you see. Look around and try different YouTubers.
- Watch Spanish videos about any topic you can think of to understand the language in various contexts.
- Watch Spanish videos on the topics you are interested in. This way you will be more involved and would learn how to talk about “your” topic in Spanish.
- Re-watch the videos often to get a feeling for the language. Download it on your phone or your laptop to watch it on the bus, train, park etc.
- Exchange experiences with other users on the same page. Maybe they can help you or vice versa.
13 Best YouTube Channels to Learn Spanish
This channel focuses on studying the Spanish language with Spanish music. The company has an app for studying but YouTube videos are also good as a break from Spanish grammar. You have the song in Spanish plus the translation in English below. Once you get a little tired or exhausted from the exercises you can switch to the fun song part and still keep practicing and improving your skills.
The music choice depends on the popular trends and what is important in the Spanish speaking countries, therefore, you will always be updated on the important and popular culture.
Butterfly Spanish covers almost everything there is to learn about the Spanish language.
Ana, your tutor in this channel, is a native speaker, lives in a Spanish speaking country and studied linguistics. In her videos, she teaches grammar, vocabulary, phrases and pronunciation and will show you exactly how native speakers talk. Recently, Ana started posting stories to improve comprehension but we recommend checking her profile for grammar. She knows all about the different specialities of Mexican Spanish, Latin American Spanish and Spanish in Spain. There are topics for beginners, intermediates and advanced Spanish students. Usually, she uses Spanish and English for her explanations. Her videos are super detailed and usually take 30 minutes.
As it is seen from the title this channel is led by Juan. A Spanish who lives in London. Juan considers Spanish to be a language that must be studied in context. He tells real and fake stories, describes situations in the world, gives useful tips for learning the language, focuses on specific phrases and explains the Spanish way of thinking.
Juan has a fun personality. Watching his videos is always fun because he always makes the personality fit the subject matter. Each video has a transcript and useful exercises to practice what you’ve just heard. Moreover, he has his own books, courses and a podcast.
10. Agustin Iruela
11. Spanish and Go
Learn Spanish offers a selection of different videos which mostly aim at helping you improve your grammar and vocabulary. Explanations are provided in English to make it easier for you to understand the rules. Many videos also use printed words to help you read along, and others feature an adorable and helpful daughter Ana who might be the best Spanish tutor you’ll ever have!
Well, there you have it, the ultimate list of useful Spanish resources on YouTube. Immersion in YouTube Spanish is great but it’s no substitute for learning in interaction with real native speakers. So to make your learning experience perfect – book one of our Online Private Spanish Classes! Be taught at any level by our professional native teachers and finally become fluent in Spanish!
How to Improve your Spanish Learning Outcomes with YouTube
- Pause and re-watch the video if you don’t understand something.
- Turn on subtitles if you’re a beginner.
- Re-watch videos from time to time so the new vocabulary and grammar rules are set forever.
- Slow it down.
- Focus on what you’re listening to.
- Keep a notebook for new vocabulary and grammar explanations.
- Put the video on in the background sometimes (if it’s a story or a conversation. If it’s a grammar video you need to be more attentive).
- Use other resources that complement the learning process, for example, a Spanish course or private lessons.
- Try to change the speed of the video. Too fast? Slow the speed down. Too easy and you want to push yourself? Speed it up. You will actually be amazed at how well you can understand.
- Write a summary of the video.
- Make time for it every day or week.
Happy learning! ¡Hablemos Español!
Would you like to take your Spanish to the next level?
Whether you’re a complete beginner or you’re an advanced student, with us you’ll reach the next level of Spanish quickly and easily. With 24 Levels to Spanish fluency, the next level is always close by, so you will never lose motivation.
You can choose between:
In both cases, you’ll learn Spanish using our successful 24 Level System to Spanish Fluency® and our unique Spanish teaching methods.